NUTRITION // Matcha Green Smoothie
- 1/2 TBSP Peach or Ceremonial Matcha (David's Tea)
- 2 cup Almond Milk
- 1/2 cup Frozen Peach
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup celery
- ginger to taste
- 1/2 a lemon juice
Back in September, I got my wisdom teeth out (all four!) + it took me forever to heal so I had to find a multitude of yummy soft foods to eat! ...and now I'm going to share them with you :) ... plus it's the start of a new year + I've been getting requests for healthy snacks / breakfast ideas !
Starting off with my favourite MATCHA GREEN SMOOTHIE!
I've never been a huge fan of matcha, but I discovered I absolutely love it in smoothies! I started off with a flavoured matcha to ease myself into the natural grassy taste. The Peach flavoured one from David's Tea is my favourite! I did also start adding the classic ceremonial matcha, but if you're a matcha newbie like me, I do recommend starting off with a flavoured one or using less in the mix.
Matcha has become a bit of a superfood celebrity over the last couple years + here are some reasons why ...
What is Matcha?
- it is the powder version of a full tea leaf , which means you get the full nutritional value
- matcha powder contains a lot more antioxidants than regular brewed tea
Matcha benefits include :
- boosting metabolism + burning calories
- rich in finer + chlorophyll
- enhances mood + concentration
- great source of vitamin C , selenium , magnesium , and zinc
- aids in lowering cholesterol , and blood sugar
... and now that you're as excited as I am about Matcha , it's time for you to try out this smoothie + let me know what you think :)
chat soon lovelies !