NUTRITION // The Best Granola Recipe
I posted a picture and shared on my Instagram Stories recently about my favourite granola recipe. Honestly, this one is so delicious, I have trouble keeping enough after snacking post-cooking to have for the next couple weeks... I ate a little too much this time.
Anyways, I absolutely love granola because it is such a great snack + breakfast buddy.
What's a breakfast buddy?
Well, sometimes if you feel like your regular breakfast isn't quite hitting the spot, you can combine the "breakfast buddy" together to fill you up + give you that extra kick of energy.
I love topping my smoothie bowls, yogurts, even oatmeal (to give it a little top crunch) with granola. This recipe has cinnamon, banana and maple syrup so it is a little sweet so its perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up snack too. It is amazing to curb those sweets cravings!
Hope you all enjoy this recipe + let me know if you have any questions in the comments below :)
Time: Prep - 10 min, Cooking - 20/25 min
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds (I used sliced almonds)
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of any preferred nut/seed
- 1/3 cup flaxseeds (I used milled flaxseed to achieve larger "clumps")
- 2 bananas (the riper, the better, bright yellow/spotty = best)
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Mix all dry ingredients in large bowl (everything except bananas, maple syrup, and coconut oil)
- Mix bananas in blender
- Combine bananas, maple syrup, coconut oil in blender
- Mix wet mixture into large bowl with dry ingredients
- Stir until everything is consistent and well coated
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet greased with coconut oil
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Stir well + bake for another 15 minutes or until desired golden brown
- Let cool completely (... and snack) + put it in air tight container at room temperature
** Granola should keep for couple weeks @ room temperature + air tight container **