WEDDING // X MAKEFUL // DIY FLORAL CROWN
I’m back again with another wedding prep post :) YAY!
I feel like after watching the Royal Wedding the other Saturday, my wedding planning brain has kicked into high gear. I absolutely loved Meghan’s veil + tiara … but I doubt I’ll be getting my hands on a diamond tiara anytime soon so I’ve been dreaming up affordable alternatives!!
Wedding update: Trav and I have narrowed down our venue choices to a few … finally, right??
We will be having our ceremony outdoors so I’ve been searching for as many decor ideas I could find to start my inspiration board for the big day.
I have been non-stop perusing MAKEFUL’s website for DIY ideas.
Last post, you found out I was a RUSTIC BRIDE from their survey, so DIY ideas are so up my alley and will be perfect for my big day :).
I was really inspired by their DIY Baby’s Breath Flower Crown. It was so beautiful, and seemed easy enough to do! So I thought I’d give it a go myself. I chose to go with more flower varieties over just having baby’s breath. Plus, I wanted to try some different colours to see if I could get inspired for a colour theme for my wedding !
After my trip to a local craft store, I came back with all the materials necessary to get my DIY Floral Crown made.
- Floral wire
- Floral tape
- Smaller greenery
- Small flowers
- Larger flowers (for front of crown)
- Fit the wire to your head size
- Cut wire + twist around each other to secure
- Tape with floral tape to secure ends
- Start with small greenery pieces until all the wire is covered
- Then add smaller flowers scattered around the crown until everything starts to look cohesive
- Add larger statement flowers to the front of the crown
- Try it on to make sure everything looks balanced and the way you want it
- Add extra flowers wherever you think needs more