JOURNAL // Two: 10 things you didn't know about me
I decided that for my next journal, it'd be an opportunity for you all to get to know me a little better :)
I am the oldest of 3 siblings. I have a younger brother, Vincent, and our youngest sister, Rica. They are both still in school, and are both the smartest people I know. When we were younger we always watched movies together, but when we grew up and started watching movies with our school friends, my brother and I finally realized that laughing that loud is not normal ... and then we got mad at why Rica never told us! I always feel grateful to have my two weirdos in my life.
I played violin for 15 years. I used to also play piano, but I had to eventually choose one because I was doing the RCM exams for both and the higher level you got, the more hours you had to spend practicing, and that combined with my sports and school, something had to give. I chose violin because I loved the pieces I was playing better and also because my violin was the last gift my grandma ever gave me.
- My boyfriend, Travis and I have been dating for almost 6 years! We met at McMaster and actually when we met, we were arguing the whole night over NHL stats. We now just bicker over dishes and laundry because we moved into our new place in March :p !!
- I prefer red wine over white wine. Even though when I first started drinking I would only drink champagne and white wine.
- My favorite show is Friends. I have watched it over 5 complete times over but will still laugh at every episode.
- I suffer from random episodes of anaphylaxis. Up until 3 years ago, I was an avid runner and played competitive tennis, but then I had my first reaction after running on a treadmill. My sister has the same condition and she had it before me, so when it started happening to me, I at least had an idea. But now I have to carry an epi-pen everywhere ( that's why I can never have the super cute small bags!) since no doctor has been able to pinpoint what is causing the reaction. We know "exercise" is one cause, but I've has dozens of reactions to random triggers since then.
- Eggs + avocados are my favourite breakfast meal.
- I'm a huge coffee fan NOW. But up until 5 years ago, I didn't drink a drop in my life. I always loved the smell because my dad drank coffee every morning, but I never had the urge to drink the actual liquid. Then during university, after a couple of overnighters I decided to give it a try and have never looked back. I began with coffee + milk, but now I drink my coffee black most of the time, if not a splash of soy or almond milk is perfection.
- I dyed my hair once in Grade 9 and it turned my hair almost orange...(asian hair gets super coppery). I didn't dye my hair for years again until about a year ago. I was so nervous the same thing would happen again, but I was so ready for a change. Thankfully the people at Toni + Guy know what they're doing!
- I'm missing my top 2 canine teeth because I was born with only one, and the dentist thought that removing the one would be the easiest solution. So yes, pay attention next time I smile :D.
Hope that was as much fun for you as much as it was for me!
Let me know what things you'd like to know more of :)